Why study in USA?
Studying in the United States and abroad doesn’t just give you tangible degrees and certificates. For any international student, the USA has a lot to offer: one of the most prestigious, top ranked higher education systems in the world, best cities and beautiful natural parks, culture, history and a multicultural population.The United States has more institutions of higher learning than any other country in the world. Importantly, the academic bodies provide absolute quality education. Study programs are tuned to the current scenario at all times. Quality of research is excellent and the facilities available to bring your research to the market are exceptional. The research at many of these universities is cutting-edge and often published in journals worldwide. USA has always been a hub of inventions and Universities play a significant role in the change process.
If you are a graduate student, an American education can help you make contacts with colleagues in the USA. This may lead to collaborations with leading international researchers after you return to your home country. Even undergraduate students will find a solid network of support because the USA is a “melting pot” of diverse cultures and there are more international students in the USA than anywhere else. So you will get help not just from the foreign student advisor, but also from people in the local communitywith the large number and variety of colleges and universities in the USA, you are certain to find one that matches your specific needs.
Earning opportunities while studying
Most of the universities in the country provide students with opportunities to earn while they learn by granting them assistantships within the campus, which helps students, learn the skills and gain the practical knowledge that is often missing in the theoretical classes. USA degree being a globally recognized degree, students can earn quite handsomely even after they learn by getting placed in some of the world’s best companies.STEM OPT: Optional Practical Training 12 +24 months extension (36 Months) is offered by American universities.
Calculating college cost for studies in USA
When calculating the annual cost of a USA education at a particular college or university, add at least $6,000 Approx. to the published cost of tuition, fees, and room and board. The College Board publishes college costs, required admissions tests, and other useful information in The International Student Handbook of USA Colleges.
When preparing a budget, you will need to account for the following costs:
- Application feeranges from $25 to $125 per school
- Academic entrance examinations will cost you around $150 to $200 per examination, and most students take at least 2 tests. Assume that you will be spending at least $500 on tests
- Tuition and fees will cost between $15,000 and $40,000 approx. per academic year (9 months), depending on the type and quality of institution
- Books and study materials will cost $2000 to $4000 approx. per academic year
- Travel costs to the USA vary, but will be between $500 and $2000 approx. Travel costs within the USA will be between $300 and $700 approx.
- Room and board will cost between $10,000 and $17,500 approx. annually. Allow an extra $1,000 to $2,000 for vacation periods when the dormitory might be closed
- If you will be living off campus, the cost of renting an apartment will be between $300 and $600 a month, but could be much higher contingent on the location of the school. Meals should cost about $2500 a year, assuming that you do not eat in restaurants too many times
- Clothing will cost $500 or more annually
- Health insurance will cost $300 to $500 approx. a year per person, $2000 to $3500 approx. per family
- Personal expenses will cost around $2000 approx. per year
If you bring other family members with you, assume that your annual expenses will increase about 15% or $5000 approx. for each additional family member.
If you wish to buy a car, assume that it will cost you around $4000 a year.
If you will be traveling during the summer, assume a cost of $50 to $75 approx. a day for touring. If you will be continuing your education during the summer, add half the figure you calculated for the full year.
Assume that your costs will increase by about 5% per year due to inflation. Do not forget to include an allowance of about 10% to account for changes in exchange rates.
Test requirements for USA
GRE | GMAT | IELTS | SAT | TOEFL | PTE